1. PLA is a new type of biodegradable material, made from starch raw materials proposed by renewable plant resources. Starch raw materials are saccharified to obtain glucose, which is then fermented by glucose and certain strains to produce high-purity lactic acid, and then PLA with a certain molecular weight is synthesized by chemical synthesis.
It has good biodegradability. After use, it can be completely degraded by microorganisms in nature, and finally carbon dioxide and water are generated without polluting the environment. This is very beneficial to environmental protection and is recognized as an environmentally friendly material. PLA plastic is buried in the soil to degrade, and the carbon dioxide produced directly enters the soil organic matter or is absorbed by plants, and will not be discharged into the air and will not cause the greenhouse effect.
2. Good mechanical and physical properties. PLA is suitable for various processing methods such as blow molding and thermoplastic, and is easy to process and has a wide range of applications. It can be used to process various plastic products, packaged foods, fast food lunch boxes, non-woven fabrics, industrial and civilian fabrics from industry to civilian use. And then processed into agricultural fabrics, health care fabrics, wipes, sanitary products, outdoor anti-ultraviolet fabrics, tent fabrics, floor mats, etc. The market prospects are very promising.
3. Good compatibility and degradability. PLA is also widely used in the field of medicine, such as the production of disposable infusion equipment, non-dismantling surgical sutures, etc., and low-molecular-weight PLA as a slow-release drug package.
4. In addition to the basic characteristics of biodegradable plastics, PLA also has its own unique characteristics. The strength, transparency and resistance to climate change of traditional biodegradable plastics are not as good as ordinary plastics.
5. The basic physical properties of PLA and petrochemical synthetic plastics are similar, that is to say, it can be widely used to manufacture various application products. PLA also has good gloss and transparency, which are comparable to films made of polystyrene, and cannot be provided by other biodegradable products.
6. PLA has the best tensile strength and ductility. PLA can also be produced by various common processing methods, such as: melt extrusion molding, injection molding, blown film molding, foam molding and vacuum molding, and widely used polymerization The object has similar forming conditions, in addition it also has the same printing performance as traditional films. In this way, PLA can be made into a variety of application products in response to the needs of different industries.
7. PLA film has good air permeability, oxygen permeability and carbon dioxide permeability, and it also has the characteristics of odor isolation. Viruses and molds are easy to adhere to the surface of biodegradable plastics, so there are concerns about safety and hygiene. However, PLA is the only biodegradable plastic with excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
8. When PLA is incinerated, its combustion calorific value is the same as that of incinerating paper, which is half of that of traditional plastics. In addition, the incineration of PLA will never release toxic gases such as nitrides and sulfides. The human body also contains lactic acid in the form of monomer, which shows the safety of this decomposable product.
The above are the major advantages of PLA compiled by our SIKO. If you have any questions, please contact us. If you want to choose biodegradable materials, you can also contact us.